MCB (Miniature Circuit Breakers)
MCB's are among the best available designed with proven, trusted and reliable German Technology to provide enhanced operating safety, Installations for domestic, commercial and industrial applications. Some of the salient features of these MCB's are as below.
Miniature Circuit Breakers are housed in injection moulded flame retardant, high strength thermo plastic material having high melting point, high dielectric strength and temperature with stand.
The Tripping Mechanism is thermal magnetic type :
- Finger Protection
- 1. MCB's are finger protected to IP 20 as per IS : 8828 : 1996 the live current carrying parts cannot be touched accidentially.
- Magnetic Protection
- 1. When overload values exceed the value specified for different characteristic curves i.e. B & C strong Magnetic field is induced which results into instantaneous tripping of MCB.
- Effective Quenching
- 1. Arc produced of contacts is rapidly pushed Magnetically into a 12 plates arc chamber where it is broken down effectively & cooled.
- Trip Free Mechanism
- 1. Trip free Mechanism ensure tripping of MCB even if the knob is kept in 'ON' position.
- Special Silver Alloy Contacts
- 1. The contacts are made out of special silver alloy inlaid strips which gives low contact resistance resulting in low voltage drop & hence very low power consumption and temperature rise. These contacts have very excellent anti weld properties.
- Thermal Protection
- 1. Small overloads are detected by fine calibrated Bimetal which deflects if the current is greater than the rated current and hence tripping the MCB.
- Dual Termination
- 1. The incoming terminals are designed for termination of Busbar as well as cable individually or simultaneously. Terminals are suitable for Cables upto 25mm².